SUPPORT- Definition: To bear the weight of , especially from below; keep from falling, sinking, or slipping. The Free Dictionary www.thefreedictionary.com
How can one be supportive during breast cancer awarness month, let me count the ways!
- Get your exams; both women and men!
- Wear something pink everyday in October, it a very positive shout out to breast cancer suriviors and patients!
- Make a donation! American Cancer Society is an excellent charity, providing tremendous support to cancer patients and their families!
- Take part in a fund rasising event; walk, bike ride, bake sale, or lemonade stand!
- Purchase a pink wrist band or pin with proceeds going to your favorite breast cancer charity.
- Go volunteer at your local cancer support community center; one time or many. You might just be surprise what these cancer fighters can do for you!
- Make a meal for someone you know who is fighting breast cancer!
- Be a mentor to a child or teen who's parent is fighting cancer!
- Take the dog of someone fighting cancer on a walk as often as you can, especially with other dogs. If you don't think that dogs knows something is wrong, guess again. You will be giving them a break, much needed exercise, and socializing!
- Send a card, letter or email to someone batteling breast cancer; it's uplifting and a little coaks to keep fighting!
Together we can support those going through breast cancer and aid in the quest to find a cure!!!